Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

New York, U.S.

"The city that never sleeps"

Out of all the 50 states, New York is my first to visit. Known for its Statue of Liberty, Skylines, Times Square, and the list continues on places to visit in New York.

First thing I'll get a glimpse while on the plane, would be New York's Skyline. It would be 10 times better if it was at night, seeing all those bright lights. Once seeing them, you know you're almost there.



 

Times Square! Massive digital billboards whose bright lights make midnight look like afternoon. People peddling art and jewelry on the street and lets not forget the naked cowboy playing the guitar in his underwear. Would love to be here on new years eve. Do the count down and watch the ball drop. Everywhere you turn you'll just be amazed.


New York City's most recognizable historic landmark, for generation of immigrants seeking a better life in America. I will ride the short ferry ride and get an up close, seeing it from land is not enough for me. (Have to be up close and personally with Lady Liberty. I'm only kidding, but getting a closer look would be nice.) The ferry will also grant and admission to the Ellis Island Immigration Museum. Building that served as the first port of entry to the U.S. for approx. 12 million immigrants. Also walk the Great Hall and see photos of the American Family Immigration History Center. 





There is a lot more, must see in NYC. Can't miss without going to Central Park in Manhattan. That is one gorgeous park. Go for a walk, relax and enjoy the outdoors. Visit the Central Park Zoo, Belvedre Castle, and the Friedsam Memorial Carousel.  

The House That Ruth Built the stadium is known as. If you're a Yankees fan this is your place. I personally don't watch baseball, it is not my sport at all. Wouldn't mind playing hitting some home-run, but watching the sport is not my thing. Would rather watch golf. Kidding, not even golf.

"I grew up in the Bronx" Umm no I didn't, just wanted to say it for the heck of it. But I would go to Bronx Zoo. The largest urban wildlife preserved in the U.S. More than 5,000 animals, representing more than 600 species. 
Also, while in Brooklyn would go across the Brooklyn Bridge. I would walk it, so I can get a nice view of downtown Manhattan and New York's Harbor.

To end this endless post, because there are many more places to visit in New York. Instead of living in California for the rest of my life, just for one year move to a different state. New York is where I would like to stay. The thing that I would miss from California are the beaches! Although, I would have to wait and see if I'm willing to move across the country...

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    Where can I obtain the license to commercially use the Times Square picture?

    ReplyDelete